|Gaharu Online||Online resources for everything Gaharu and Agarwood|
Create Your Badge
Gaharu or Agarwood (or just Agar) is the resinous heartwood from Aquilaria trees, large evergreens
native to southeast Asia. The trees occasionally become infected with mold and begin to
produce an aromatic resin in response to this attack. As the infection grows, it results
in a very rich, dark resin within the heartwood.
The resin is commonly called gaharu, jinko, aloeswood, agarwood, pokok karas or oud (not to be confused with 'Bakhoor') and is valued in many cultures for its distinctive fragrance, and thus is used for incense and perfumes.
QUICK GAHARU FACTS
* Annual Gaharu exports from Malaysia amounted to RM72mil a year.
* Agarwood Harvest Returns: Plantation grown Agarwood trees are able to be harvested after only 7 years. Inoculation process is applied when the tree is 5 years old and produces excellent Agarwood over the 2 years.
* Biggest consumers of agarwood products are the Middle East, Taiwan and Japan. NOTE: China is now the biggest consumers of gaharu with an import of 500 tons a year. info source
* Biggest exporter of gaharu is Indonesia.
* Indonesia highest quality of gaharu is from the Aquilaria filaria species.
Gaharu seedling for sales. For sales enquiry, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices range from RM10 to RM20 per sapling.
News and Updates
* [Article] Hu Kii Hing - Profile of Gaharu Planter - Oct 2012
* [News] Vietnamese Nationals Arrested For Suspected Illegal Gaharu Logging in Aceh - Aug 2012
* [Fragances] Interlude Woman, A scented moment with Amouage - Jul 2012
* [Fragances] Dahn Al Oudh Rabia Al Omr, a special fragrance for the season of Ramadan - Jul 2012
* [News] Gaharu poaching in Taman Negara - Jul 2012
* [News] Big gaharu plantation earmarked at new Foochow Town Project in Kota Samarahan, Sarawak - Oct 2011
* [News] Gaharu could propel Malaysia to high-income status - Sep 2011
* [Article] Potensi Pasaran Gaharu - Jun 2011
* [Article] Teknik Inokulasi Gaharu - Apr 2011 (text in Bahasa Indonesia)
* [News] Indonesia`s agarwood potential to increase - Apr 2011
* [News] Gaharu Oil For Prince William Perfume - Apr 2011
* [News] Gaharu cultivation can reaped income and profit by the 5th year of planting - Mar 2011 (text in Iban language)
* [Article] Gaharu: Indonesia endangered fragrant wood - Feb 2011
* [News] First Gaharu Oil Extraction Plant in Sarawak - Jan 2011
* Tapping Gaharu Potential in Brunei - Dec 2010
* Agarwood Market Demand - Sep 2010
* Commercial Gaharu Cultivation in Sarawak - Sep 2010
* Oudh Oil Price Rise For Ramadan - Aug 2010
* Widespread of illegal Gaharu trading in Malaysia - Aug 2010
* Gaharu Business in Brunei - Aug 2010
* From ICT business to Gaharu plantation - Jun 2010
* Gaharu harvested illegally in Sabah - Apr 2010
* Belaga settlers venture into gaharu - Apr 2010
* Spreading Gaharu cultivation to Brunei - Feb 2010
* Failure of Jatropha in Sarawak